If you're not sure the Global Ministry Mapping System is right for you, and are interested in learning more, there are a variety of GMMS demonstration resources available.
Live Presentations, with Q&A; time, can be arranged for:
- Ministry Executives & Boards - focusing on the vision of GMMS, the strategic roles GIS can play in enhancing ministry impact and efficiency, and brief case studies of how various ministries have implemented GMMS.
- CIO & IT Management - presenting an overview of the core components of the GMMS (the integration of GIS software, geographic databases, and attribute databases), the support services and resources available to the GMMS Community, and the key managerial and technological issues involved in planning for GIS implementation.
- Technicians & GMMS Users - an introduction to the GMMS core components, demo of the GMMS user interface, overview of steps to produce custom maps, and (optionally) discussion of the process of converting to the current GMMS from an earlier GIS implementation.
Demo CD-ROM is available:
- The ArcView Evaluation CD gives an introduction to the GIS software contained in the GMMS. Created by ESRI, the CD is not focused on Christian ministry applications, but it does give a feel for the power and versatility of the computer mapping software in the GMMS.
An ArcView Brochure is available:
- The extensive (8-page, large PDF download) ArcView Brochure, produced by ESRI, covers much the same territory as the ArcView Demo CD above. It is printed on glossy paper, or can be downloaded as a PDF file. Several ESRI demo videos are available to explain features of this mapping software.
Web sites that provide additional information include:
- This GMMS Community Site provides extensive introductory information for the person considering computer mapping for Christian ministry purposes.
- ESRI's ArcView Site provides a wealth of material about the ArcView software included within the GMMS.
- For more information, or to request GMMS demo resources, contact GMI at firstname.lastname@example.org