Is the Global Ministry Mapping System for Me?
A Geographic Information System (GIS) is a powerful tool for seeing the world.
The Global Ministry Mapping System (GMMS) is an excellent choice if, on an ongoing basis, your ministry needs to analyse research information or needs to communicate research information in a way that is easy for people to grasp.
The GMMS will suit you well if:
- You have research data already available or research is feasible for you.
- Your data requires frequent updating or you have multiple projects to analyse and communicate
- Your data is complex or you need to do complex analysis on your data.
- You have organizational capacity for a GIS, meaning:
- someone with good computer skills
- someone with a good sense of design (may be the same person)
- time for 1 to 2 weeks of training
- a modern computer with a color printer
- time to invest in obtaining and adapting research data
If this describes your situation, we invite you to learn more about how the GMMS can help you accomplish your mission.
On the other hand, if you are looking for some simple maps or have a smaller mapping project, you may wish to consider GMI's WorldVue CD-ROM or GMI's Custom Mapping. GMI's mapping web page also lists a wide variety of mapping resources.