Global Mapping International
The World of Islam CD-ROM
Detailed List of Included Works
The World of Islam CD-ROM (published July
2000) is the result of a partnership between the Institute for the Study
of Islam and Christianity, Fuller
Seminary School of World Mission, The
Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization and Global
Mapping International. It contains the full text of thirty-nine books,
a variety of journal articles, seven academic courses
on Islam, ten maps of the Muslim world, over a hundred
beautiful color photographs, an annotated bibliography
of books on Islam, and a list of related Web sites.
on the CD (listed in alphabetical order by title)
- A Christian Approach to Muslims: Reflections from West Africa
- A Muslim and Christian in Dialogue
- Bell's Introduction to the Qur'an
- Beyond the Mosque: Christians Within Muslim Community
- Christian Approach to the Muslim
- Christian Mission to Muslims: The Record
- Christian Reply to Muslim Objections
- Christian Witness to the Muslim
- Christianity Explained to Muslims
- Christians Answer Muslims
- Christians Ask Muslims
- Cross and Crescent
- Dimensions of Witness Among Muslims
- Frontiers in Muslim-Christian Encounter
- Inside the Community: Understanding Muslims Through Their Traditions
- Islam and Christian Witness
- Islam in the Modern World
- Islam: A Christian Perspective
- Islam: An Introduction for Christians
- Islam: Challenge and Mandate
- Islam: Its Prophet, Peoples, Politics and Power
- Ministry in Islamic Contexts
- Muslims and Christians on the Emmaus Road
- Mystical Dimensions of Islam
- New Paths in Muslim Evangelism: Evangelical Approaches to Contextualization
- Origins and Sources of Gospel of Barnabas
- Planting Churches in Muslim Cities: A Team Approach
- Reaching Muslims for Christ
- Reaching the Arabs: A Felt Need Approach
- Sharing Your Faith with a Muslim
- Survey of Islam
- Teaching of the Qur'an
- The Cross and the Crescent
- The Gospel and Islam: A Compendium
- The Jewish Foundation of Islam
- The Qur'an and the Bible in the Light of History and Science
- The Qur'an: The Scripture of Islam
- The Unseen Face of Islam
Articles included on the CD (listed in alphabetical order by title)
- "A Case for Religious Freedom from the Earliest Sources"
- "Community Development in Islam and Christianity"
- Evangelical Review of Theology: Christian Mission and Islamic
Da'wah, April 1996 (entire issue)
"Faith and Iman: The Human Response"
"Going Soft on Islam? Reflections on Some Evangelical Responses
"Missiological Issues in the Encounter with Emerging Islam"
"The Muslim Understanding of Jesus"
- "A Christian Among Muslims"
- "Christian Perspectives of Islam: Threat, Challenge or Misunderstood
- "Costly Discipleship: Two Stories from Iran"
- "Does the Church Make it Difficult for Muslim Enquirers?"
- "Honour and Shame"
- "How a Maulvi Found Peace"
- "How a Sufi Found his Lord"
- "On the Nature of Islamic Daw'ah"
- "The Church in the Sudan"
- "The Servant Songs of Isaiah in Dialogue with Muslims"
- "The Stories of Farhana and Mr and Mrs Yaqoob"
- "Theological Principles for Evangelizing Muslims"
Courses included on the CD (listed in alphabetical order by title)
- Biblical Approach to the Muslim
- Folk Islam (Fuller Seminary)
- In the Family of Abraham: Muslims and Christians Reasoning Together
- Introduction to Islam (Fuller Seminary)
- Ishmael, My Brother
- Practical Approach to Muslims
- The People of God (in four parts)
- The Beginning of People
- God's Covenant with People
- God Loves
- The People of Faith
included on the CD (available in English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese)
- Islam Spreading Rapidly - Growing in Many
- Major Unreached Muslim Peoples
- Major Muslim Groups of Central Asia
- The Spread of Islam
- Percent Muslim by Country
- Muslim Population by Country
- Distribution of Muslims
- Concentration of African Muslims and Christians
- Distribution of Sunni and Shia Muslims
- India: Third Largest Muslim Population of
Countries in the World
included on the CD (with a few thumbnail samples of the 110 photographs
on the CD)
- Muslim People (53 photos)
- Formal Islam (24 photos)
- Shi'ite Processions (4 photos)
- Folk Islam (18 photos)
- People and Places (11 photos)
Click here to read more about The World of Islam
The World of Islam CD-Rom can also be purchased directly
from the UK, New
Zealand and Australia; click
here for contact information.
A member of the Gospel