Available: April 16, 2001
PeoplesFile CD-ROM: a factbook and atlas of
the world’s peoples and languages from a mission perspective.
- Are you looking for information on an obscure unreached people group?
- Have you wondered if they have the Bible in their own language or if
a copy of the Jesus Film is available for them?
- Do you want to see the progress of Bible translation for the languages
of a country?
- How about a map of the country showing the “evangelized” status of
all its peoples?
- Do you need to know what languages are spoken in a particular country,
or where a specific people group lives?
- Perhaps you’re wondering how many people speak a certain language.
PeoplesFile CD-ROM brings together the fruit of years of excellent
research and information-sharing in the missions community about the world’s
more than 7,000 ethno-linguistic and ethno-cultural peoples. It integrates
information from eight major databases of the languages and peoples of
the world, some of which have only been exchanged privately among mission
researchers. Rather than obtaining, converting, and searching each database
separately, the best information is now available together in one place.
This CD benefits anyone seriously concerned about ministering to unreached
- Churches will use the information and maps as a prayer guide.
- Schools will use the CD for education and research.
- Mission agencies will use it in ministry planning; their missionaries,
in communicating with their support teams.
This strategic new mission resource combines the most up-to-date information
- Complete text, indexes, and maps from the 14th
Edition of the Ethnologue;
- The latest information on the status of Bible translation for
every language (formerly published by Wycliffe Bible Translators as the
Bible Translation Needs Bulletin);
- Maps of the homelands of thousands of individual people groups
from the Language Mapping Project; maps of
every country showing the linguistic homelands, status of evangelization,
Bible translation status, and Jesus Film availability for every language;
- ROPAL codes and data from the collaborative Registry of Peoples
- Evangelization status and population estimates for every language
from the Southern Baptist’s Integrated Strategic
- The Harvest Information System (HIS) Registry of Peoples, the
most comprehensive set of peoples information yet assembled;
- The Joshua Project
peoples database from the AD2000 &
- Information from the Jesus Film
Project, Gospel Recordings, and United
Bible Societies on non-print media available in each language.
All data on the CD is fully word indexed, with additional features enabling
you to find related languages and query specific data fields.
Computer Requirements: 486-66 processor, 16 MB memory,
Windows 3.1 or later (minimum). Pentium processor, 32 MB memory, Windows
95 or above, and at least 800X600 true-color graphics recommended for best
performance and map viewing.
GMI is currently offering the following pricing
(shipping and sales tax extra):
for 1-4 copies
for 5-24 copies
for 25-49 copies
for 50-99 copies
for 100 or more copies
For more information, contact GMI (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To order PeoplesFile
CD-ROM from GMI, click here.
A member of the GospelCommunications