Issues affecting multiple products
The following easily-solved problems affect a number of GMI products. They are generally caused by updates to Windows or other third-party software after the GMI products were released:
- Acrobat reader may fail to start or cause error messages if Adobe Reader 7.0 or above is installed.
- Installers may attempt to install earlier version of Acrobat Reader if Adobe Reader 7.0 or above is installed. If installation of the earlier version of Acrobat Reader is aborted or unsuccessful, the product may run its installer every time it is inserted ubti the machine.
- System gives error similar to "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications." when GMI CD is inserted, installed, or run.
- Problems during installation of Operation World, WorldVue, Operation China, or Peoples of the Buddhist World, particularly under Windows XP or Windows Vista.
Product Specific Support
If a support page is available, please see if your problem is already addressed.
|Product||Web Support||Email Support|
|Global Ministry Mapping System||Support Page|
|Operation China CD-ROM|
|Operation World 2010 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM||Support Page|
|Operation World 2001 CD-ROM||Support Page|
|Peoples of the Buddhist World CD-ROM||Support Page|
|The Wisdom of African Proverbs CD-ROM||Support Page|
|The World of Islam CD-ROM||Support Page|
Otherwise, please contact the product-specific email address or the general telephone number, fax or postal address listed for assistance.
- the product
- the product version number (typically on the CD-ROM face)
- the exact error message or other problem you have encountered.
For other means of contacting GMI Technical Support, click here.