Global Ministry Mapping System
Practical, hands-on mapping training workshops are held in various venues around the world to help church and mission leaders learn to effectively use the Global Ministry Mapping System.
This workshop is technical in nature, designed to enable participants to begin using the GMMS to effectively support their particular ministry purposes. No GIS experience is required, but participants must be familiar with using a Windows-based PC and be able to learn new technologies fairly quickly, as the workshop is both intense and fast-paced.
Typically, these five-day workshops include:
- Introduction to computer mapping concepts
- Introduction to map design
- Working with, mapping, and editing geographical and statistical data
- Using the GMMS mapping wizard to automate map creation
- Map-making techniques using ArcGIS for Desktop software
- Guided hands-on work creating maps for your own ministry