Global Mapping International
Adobe Reader 7 and Above Fix for GMI CD-ROM Products (Windows)
Nature of the Issue
- Adobe Reader versions 7.0 and above use a different method of informing Windows of the location of the reader program than previous versions of Acrobat Reader. This may cause any or all of the following problems:
- GMI CD-ROM setup programs may believe Acrobat Reader is not installed and may offer to install an earlier version of Acrobat Reader. If the earlier version is installed, installation may fail or the installation may conflict with Adobe Reader 7 and above.
- Product installers may run every time the CD-ROM is inserted.
- Autorun functions of products using Acrobat as their primary reader (WorldVue and Operation China) may either fail with an error or run the setup program rather than the product main menu when the disc is inserted.
- Links between Folio Views and Acrobat documents may fail, usually with an error message.
- Downloading and running fixacro7.exe will fix most problems related to Adobe Reader 7 and above in combination with GMI products. If clicking the link above does not start the download, try right-clicking and choose "Save Target As".
- If running the program does not fix your problem, contact the GMI technical support email address for your product.
- The fixacro7.exe program should, if possible, be run before installing WorldVue and Operation China but will still fix problems if run after installation. For other products, run fixacro7.exe after installing the GMI product (decline any offers to install versions of Acrobat Reader before 7.0) and after uninstalling earlier versions of Acrobat using the control panel Add-Remove Programs item.
- The Wisdom of African Proverbs
- African Proverbs: Collections, Studies, Bibliographies
- The World of Islam
- Operation China