Global Mapping International
Additional Support Resources for The World of Islam
- Version 1.0, Released 2000: Supported, but some installation difficulties with new operating system versions may require upgrade to version 2.0
- Version 2.0, Relased 2006: Fully supported
- Version 1.0 attempts to install Acrobat Reader Version 4 even if later version of Acrobat Reader or Adobe Reader is present. If the Acrobat Reader 4 installation is aborted, the full World of Islam setup will run each time the disc is reinserted. See Adobe Reader Fix for GMI CD-ROM Products.
- Version 1.0 installer stops with an error at 97% completion. This problem occurs on systems where the installation program is prohibited by either Windows security settings or a third-party security program from running a program (regedit.exe) in order to update the system registry. Because of the variety of possible causes for this problem, there is no single fix for it. We have had some success with the following approaches to the problem:
- Log in with an account with full administrative permissions often "Owner" or "Administrator") before installing.
- Boot into Safe Mode and log in as an Administrator before installing
- Disable or uninstall third-party security software before installing
- Talk to a system administrator about obtaining necessary permission to run the installer
If none of the above solve the problem, it may be necessary to upgrade to version 2.0 of The World of Islam and run the Acrobat version of the product.
Other Support Resources